Royal North Shore Hospital is an ANZCA accredited training site for the full 5 years of anaesthesia training.
More information is available from ANZCA here.
More information about our Supervisors of Training and Specialised Study Units are available here.
Teaching and education programs at our department:
- Formal Primary and Fellowship Examination teaching programs
- Audit and Research opportunities
- Pain Management (Acute and Transitional, and Chronic)
- Regular simulation-based Anaesthetic Registrar Training program
- Upcoming Part 3 (transition to consultant practice) program
There are compulsory rotations to peripheral hospitals which include the following: Hornsby Hospital, Northern Beaches Hospital, Lismore Base Hospital, Coffs Harbour Base Hospital, Port Macquarie Base Hospital, and The Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
- Generally a 40 hour working week (4x 10 hour day shifts)
- A typical month would include one set of nights (3 or 4), one weekend shift (0800-2000) and one or two long shifts (finish 2000 weekdays).
Common leave questions:
- Study leave / ADOs / Annual leave is available in line with NSW Health requirements
- Maternity/paternity leave is encouraged, with an established return to work pathway if required
Please contact us with any further questions.